Gaining unfavourable hair is a soporific chore that many people grapple with it. Lots of people got through the challenges of removing unwanted hair on a routine basis. While removing unwanted hair by shaving, waxing, tweezing, electrolysis can have temporary effects and also it can be time-consuming and painful. But it is reversed when it comes in the case of the laser hair removal. There can be a permanent removal of hair using lasers if you follow our tips.
Let’s talk about the pros and cons of laser hair removal- Laser hair removal is one of the popular practices for the removal of undesirable hair from the different parts of the body. Laser hair removal is effective if it gives long-lasting solutions irrespective of hair colour. Laser hair removal option to damage the hair follicle to minimize hair growth.
The laser detects the hair exclusively by focusing on the pigments cell that resides in the hair follicles. Once the melanin in the hair is targeted, the laser burns all the way down, the hair follicle and the root of the hair. After a few sessions of laser hair removal, you don’t have to go with the shaving, waxing and many more.
The pros and cons of laser hair removal are discussed in the principal article.
Facts about laser hair removal treatment
- Its success depends on two major factors i.e skin type and hair colour.
- The laser hair removal is effective on only growing hair follicles.
- It is not guaranteed as a permanent hair removal technique.
- The treatment takes a long period of time for the hair follicles to shed off usually within 2 to 3 weeks.
- It is recommended that the laser treatment should be spaced 3 to 8 weeks apart depending on the total area covered and also the hair growth cycle.
What are the pros?
- While laser hair removal has been around for over two decades. The pros of hair removal are:
- You can get done anywhere in the body and the laser machine cover a large area in a small amount of time.
- While laser hair removal doesn’t get rid of hair forever, it drastically reduces hair growth to the point you don’t have to worry about shaving, waxing or more.
- When it comes to the pain lever, laser hair removal falls somewhere between shaving (painless) and waxing (hurts more). The technique uses ice to help numb the area before and after the laser treatment. It is a progressively less painful treatment.
What are the cons?
Of course, no hair removal method is perfect which is why there are also some cons to laser hair removal which you should keep in mind while having this treatment.
- It is not yet approved a form of permanent hair removal method.
- It’s a very long process.
- There are some serious side effects of laser hair removal. Some of them are skin burn, itching, swelling, discolouration, as well as pain, tingling, and numbness around the treatment area.
- It is very expensive.
Frequently asked questions
Does laser hair removal hurts?
Many patients describe their experience as painless. However, depending on the type of laser used and the individual, you may experience some slight discomfort with some pain.
What are the areas, treated with laser hair removal?
Depending on your conditions, you are able to detach hair from all areas of your body.
How long is the procedure?
This depends largely on which area you are treating as well as the technicians. On average the process can between ten and fifteen minutes.
Also read: pros and cons of eating meat
After treatment, you may probably experience skin burn. Moistures and ice packs are the best solutions for it. For the face treatment, it is highly recommended patients should wear make up for some days after the treatment. The treated hair will completely be removed in four weeks so you can have sunscreen to reduce skin exposure to the sun.
Laser hair removal is a convenient, noninvasive, a method for removing or permanently reducing unwanted body hair. It leaves the skin looking smoother and silkier than other removal techniques like waxing, shaving and many more. Laser hair removal technique is one of the commonest aesthetic procedures performed everywhere. So before trying this technique, it’s better to know about its pros and cons of laser hair removal. Feel free to comment if you have any questions regarding the pros and cons of laser hair removal.